5 Successful Steps Toward Your Social Security Disability Claim BenefitsBy Kenton Koszdin on January 17, 2022 | In Blogs
Workplace injuries or medical conditions can happen in an instant. The result may be physical and mental trauma and a great deal of financial stress. You need to be well informed and know your rights to maximize your disability claim. The processing of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claims can take a lengthy time.
Here are 5 steps to keep in mind for the processing of your SSDI/SSI claim:
- File an immediate claim. Your application process should begin from the first day you are unable to work and the date the disability occurred should be mentioned. Therefore, your claim would be based on the first date and the losses you incurred due to the disability will be compensated, from that date forward.
- Accurate details and timely completion of forms. To avoid delays with your application process, always provide complete and accurate information. Also, it is very important to submit your forms in a timely manner. It is always beneficial to consult an SSDI attorney in order to have an experienced guide.
- Mark deadlines. Once you have submitted your application, track the status of your case. It is not unusual to receive a denial letter with the first submission. Therefore, keep a lookout for any related mail. You have a right to appeal a denial decision and secure the claim you deserve. The appeal process also has several levels and associated deadlines with each step. Remember to make a note of all important dates.
- Medical treatment and sources should be included. Provide details of all the medical treatments you received and the medical providers from which you received treatment. It helps to include your medical records with your application, with the contact details of your medical professionals.
- Follow treatment plan. For your SSDI or SSI claim to be processed successfully, the investigators must be able to determine that you follow your medical treatment plans exactly as prescribed by your doctors.
It is normal for the SSA (Social Security Administration) to take 3 – 4 months to decide on your claim. That’s why it’s important to get the process started immediately.
If you are disabled or denied disability benefits, it’s in your best interest to hire a Social Security disability attorney. Obtain legal advice from experts who are experienced in handling Social Security disability cases. Call 800-438-7734 for your initial free consultation, either in our office or from the comfort of your own home. The Kenton Koszdin Law Office, Social Security attorney in Van Nuys, will help you navigate the application process for the best possible outcome for you and your family.