Let Our Firm Get to Work for You
Schedule Your Free Case Review and Get the Help You Need ...

    After a California Workplace Injury, Consider Notifying OSHA

    By Kenton Koszdin Law Office on December 5, 2012 | In Workplace Injury

    The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is responsible for enforcing a wide range of workplace safety rules, as well as helping employers and employees to stay safe on the job. If you see a dangerous condition on the job or you are injured due to an OSHA violation, you can file an anonymous complaint with OSHA or ask an experienced Los Angeles workplace injury lawyer to help you.

    Any employee may request that OSHA inspect their workplace if the employee sees an OSHA violation, faces any danger of physical harm, or believes an “imminent danger” exists. Requests can be made online, by telephone, or by fax or mail.

    When an employee contacts OSHA, the agency will likely ask several questions, such as how many employees are exposed to the dangerous conditions, what the danger is and what type of equipment, materials, chemicals, or work processes are involved, how long the condition has lasted, and whether anyone has tried to fix it. OSHA may also ask whether anyone has been injured or nearly injured by the condition. You do not have to wait for someone to be hurt in order to contact OSHA.

    OSHA also allows employees to file discrimination complaints if an employer tries to punish the worker for contacting OSHA or for exercising any rights the employee has under OSHA, like the right to refuse to work if an imminent danger of death or serious injury exists. OSHA prohibits employers from discriminating against, firing, or taking other negative actions against employees who exercise their OSHA-related rights. A discrimination complaint should be filed as soon as possible after the discrimination occurs.

    If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident, call the southern California workers’ compensation attorneys at the Kenton Koszdin Law Office today at (888) 438-7734 to learn more about your legal rights and options or use our online Contact Form for assistance.

    Simple Share Buttons