Basic Benefits of California Workers’ CompensationBy Kenton Koszdin Law Office on January 21, 2016 | In Workers Compensation
California employees are protected by workers’ compensation benefits. Employers are required by law to pay workers’ compensation benefits to any worker injured on the job. What many people don’t know is exactly what their workers’ compensation benefits will cover.
California workers’ compensation insurance provides these basic benefits:
- Medical Care: Workers’ comp will help you pay any medical bills you may rack up from an injury or illness caused by your work or working conditions.
- Temporary Disability Benefits: Payments that help off set any lost wages caused by missing work because of your work-related injury or illness.
- Permanent Disability Benefits: Payments that help you if you aren’t able to ever return to work.
- Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits: Workers’ comp will provide vouchers to pay for any job retraining or skill enhancement you’ll need if you can’t recover well enough to go back to your old job.
- Death Benefits: In the case of an on the job accident or illness leading to a worker’s death, their spouse, children, or dependents can receive payments to make up for the victim’s lost wages.
If you have any questions about California workers’ compensation benefits or would even like help filing your claim, don’t hesitate to contact Kenton Koszdin Law Office. We’re here to answer any questions you might have.
You can reach us at (800) 438-7734.