Disabling Conditions That May Qualify You for SSD BenefitsBy Kenton Koszdin on September 27, 2021 | In Blogs
If you have a physical or mental impairment that prevents you from working or do any substantial gainful activity, you may qualify for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. It may sound simple, but these claims are more complex and challenging to referee, provided you meet the Social Security Administration (SSA) strict guidelines and specific criteria for each disability. For this reason, it is important to have a qualified and experienced Social Security Disability benefits attorney on your side, helping you build a solid case, navigating you through the often-complicated claim process, and getting you the compensation, you very much need and deserve. Reach out to Kenton Koszdin Law Office, Social Security attorney in Van Nuys today, at 800-438-7734 for a free and confidential consultation.
The disabled claimants suffer from many different ailments. The categories can range from cancer, disorders of the immune system, skin, mental health, neurological, and impairments that affect multiple body systems.
List of Impairments
Here is a list of some of the more common types of disorders, diseases, and impairments that may qualify you for SSD benefits:
- Neurological disorders such as cerebral trauma, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, neuropathy, sclerosis, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Musculoskeletal system disorders such as spinal disorders and joint pain such as bursitis and tendonitis, along with arthritis skin disorders such as burns and dermatitis
- Respiratory system disorders such as asthma, emphysema, sarcoidosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchitis, and sleep-related breathing disorders
- Mental disorders such as bipolar personality, autism, anxiety disorder, depression, panic attacks, drug addiction, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Blood- disorders such as hemophilia, HIV/AIDS, lymphoma, and blood cancer
- Specific forms of malignant and aggressive cancer
- Chronic kidney disease
- Sensory ailments such as vision and hearing impairments
- Immune system disorders may include lupus, polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, and diabetes.
If you are disabled or have been denied disability benefits, it is important for you to hire an experienced Social Security disability attorney immediately. Call 800-438-7734 for your initial free consultation, either in our office or in the comfort of your own home. The Kenton Koszdin Law Office, Social Security attorney in Van Nuys, can help you navigate the application process for the best possible outcome for you and your family.