Get a Jump on Spring with these Upcoming LA EventsBy Kenton Koszdin Law Office on March 30, 2015 | In General
As record-setting temperatures heat up the Southland, there’s no doubt that spring is in full swing in California. Fortunately, there are countless ways to get outside and catch up on some much needed vitamin D. Whether you are a lifelong resident or escaping from the colder temperatures of much of the rest of the country, we’ve highlighted the top five festivals and events in Los Angeles to look forward to this spring.
Don’t forget to add these dates to your calendar:
- Coachella – (April 10-12 and April 17-19): The iconic music festival is back with new music discoveries, breathtaking performances, and weekend-long desert campouts. For those lucky enough to get tickets, it’s sure to be an once-in-a-lifetime experience. For the rest of us, however, the festival is likely to be streaming once again on YouTube, so invite your friends over for a barbecue and throw your own mini Coachella.
- Los Angeles Times Festival of Books – (April 18-19): Hosted on the sprawling USC campus, the LA Times Festival of Books is for more than just bibliophiles. In addition to stall after stall of books of every genre and appearances by notable and groundbreaking authors, there is plenty of live music and cultural discoveries to enjoy. Best of all – tickets are free!
- Hops and Hopes Craft Beer Fest – (April 25): What do you get when you combine America’s best craft breweries with an all day festival and a great cause? The Hops and Hopes Craft Beer Fest! This inaugural event will allow beer connoisseurs to indulge in tastings, symposiums, and giveaways and tournaments all in support of Beer Autism Hope.
- Echo Park Craft Fair – (May 9-10): Every DIYer’s dream-come-true returns to Los Angeles in May to provide well-over 5,000 square feet of inspiration and handmade artistry. The crafting community comes out in full force just in time to get the perfect gift for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
- CicLAvia – (May 31-August 9): There’s no better way to enjoy the many sights of Los Angeles than to join hundreds of bicyclists, tri-cyclists, skateboarders, and uni-cyclists as they take over the streets for a weekend. The locations rotate throughout Downtown, South LA, and even Pasadena, so keep your eye out and your wheels ready.
Do you know of any fun and exciting events coming up this spring? Please share it on our Facebook page.