How an Attorney Can Help with Your Workers’ Compensation ClaimBy Katherine L on September 14, 2018 | In Workers Compensation
It can really help to have an expert on your side as you apply for Workers’ Compensation!
If you can’t work because you have been injured on the job or have a work-related illness, you are probably hurting, anxious, confused and even a little scared. Because of the complexity of Workers’ Compensation (WC) cases, it’s a good idea to have an experienced attorney working for you and your family.
Here is how we proceed when helping a client with a WC claim:
- First, we screen the individual to get some basic information about the injury. We need to know whether they have filed a WC claim, how much time has been lost at work, what have been their medical treatments and surgeries.
- We will ask the worker to supply information like medical records, the WC claim and any information from the insurance carrier.
- We will discuss prior work injuries or other health issues or non-work injuries.
- Wewill review the information and discuss legal representation at that time. Basically, we are working to establish a rapport between our firm and the client so the client has confidence that we will work tirelessly on their behalf.
- One important component of this process is managing service expectations. Our skilled legal team is very responsive and will handle all calls and questions promptly.
- We advise our clients to stay off social media. The insurance company will look everywhere to find information that can detract from a claim. Avoid posts and photos that show activities or that describe any injuries.
- We also warn WC applicants that they may be under surveillance from the insurance company or an investigator.
- Once we have made sure that the individual has filed all the necessary forms by the applicable deadlines, we will work to gather evidence to support the case.
- We will represent the claimant if a deposition is required.
- We will work with the insurance company and compose a settlement agreement based on the extent of the injuries and limitations, past and future medical expenses and lost wages.
- We will represent the claimant at the hearing or at the trial if necessary. Before those events, we will gather opinions from treating physicians, collect vocational expert testimony about the job and gather statements from family and friends about daily activities and limitations.
We have helped thousands of individuals get the Workers’ Compensation benefitsthat they deserve. Let us help protect your rights and keep you informed of every step in the process.
We Can Help With Your Workers’ Compensation Application or Appeal
When it comes to Worker’s Compensation or Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, it’s important to hire an attorney who is experienced in these types of cases. Call the Kenton Koszdin Law Office serving Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley at 800.438.7734.Get your initial free consultation, either in our office or in the comfort of your own home. Social Security attorney Kenton Koszdin can help you navigate the application process for the best possible outcome for you and your family.