How Can an Attorney Help Me Protect My Workers’ Compensation Rights?By Kenton Koszdin Law Office on September 5, 2013 | In Workers Compensation
If you are injured on the job, you may have the right to seek and receive workers’ compensation benefits in California. The workers’ compensation laws in California are extensive, offering protections like medical care coverage, temporary and permanent disability benefits, and other benefits to qualifying workers.
If you’ve been injured on the job, California does not require you to have an attorney on your side in order to receive workers’ compensation benefits. However, an attorney can help you in many ways, including:
- protecting your rights and advocating on your behalf to the Division of Workers’ Compensation and other government agencies,
- investigating, gathering information to support your claim, and keeping track of deadlines,
- representing you during hearings before a workers’ compensation judge, and
- telling you about other claims and benefits you may be able to receive, and protecting your rights if you decide to pursue those claims.
You might want to work with an attorney if:
- you believe you are being treated unfairly in any way during the workers’ compensation benefits process,
- you have a disability or injury that makes it difficult for you to handle your claim, or
- you have questions and do not know where to turn for help.
At the Kenton Koszdin Law Office, an experienced southern California workers’ compensation attorney has helped many injured workers get the benefits they need after an accident or illness. To learn more about how we can help you, contact our office today.