Let Our Firm Get to Work for You

Schedule Your Free Case Review and Get the Help You Need ...

I Use the SSD Ticket To Work Program. Do I Report My Income?

By Kenton Koszdin Law Office on November 27, 2012 | In Social Security Disability

If you qualify for disability benefits, you may have decided to use the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) “Ticket to Work” program in order to allow you to work and earn income without harming your disability benefits. One important rule to remember is that the SSA requires you to report your earnings or income from work and any changes in your work.

Things the SSA requires you to report include:

  • All earnings – both from wages and from self-employment
  • Changes in work, like if you start or stop working
  • Changes in your pay or hours of work
  • Any time you pay for an item or service you need in order to do work despite your disability, like a medication, wheelchair, medical device, transportation, or other item
  • Any time you receive extra help so you can do your work, such as from an assistant or job coach, or extra assistance like breaks during work
  • Income from workers’ compensation, public disability benefits, sick pay, vacation pay, and pensions other than Social Security
  • When you are paid
  • When payments change or end

If your income is new or has changed, you should report it immediately. If you’re not sure whether your qualify for SSD benefits, whether the reporting requirements apply to your work, or how to handle a change in work, don’t hesitate to call an experienced Los Angeles County Social Security disability benefits lawyer at the Kenton Koszdin Law Office. For a free and confidential case evaluation, please Contact Us.

Simple Share Buttons
Simple Share Buttons