Let Our Firm Get to Work for You
Schedule Your Free Case Review and Get the Help You Need ...

    If I’m Injured on the Job or Get Sick Due to Work, What Should I Do?

    By Kenton Koszdin Law Office on October 10, 2012 | In Workplace Injury

    If I’m Injured on the Job or Get Sick Due to Work, What Should I Do?

    If you’re injured on the job or develop a work-related injury or illness, you may be able to get workers’ compensation benefits to pay your medical bills, help cover your lost wages, and provide support if you are disabled. However, in order to access workers’ compensation benefits in California, there are some key first steps you must take.

    First, if you are injured or become ill, report the injury or illness to your supervisor or manager as soon as possible. If your injury developed gradually, report it as soon as you learn or you believe your job caused the injury. It’s important to report it promptly: if you don’t report an injury or illness within 30 days, you lose your opportunity to get workers’ compensation benefits for it.

    Second, if you need emergency medical treatment, call or have someone else call 9-1-1 right away. Make sure the medical staff who treat you know that the injury or illness is job-related.

    Third, you’ll need to fill out a workers’ compensation claim form and give it to your employer. Do this after you have reported your injury to your employer. You can get the form, called DWC-1, from your employer or from any state workers’ compensation office.

    At the Kenton Koszdin Law Office, our hardworking workers’ compensation lawyers in Los Angeles County can help you with every step of your workers’ compensation claim, so that you can focus on recovering from your injury or illness and getting back to the work and hobbies you love. Call us today at (888) 438-7734 for a free, confidential case evaluation.

    Simple Share Buttons