On What Day Will I Receive My Disability Check?By Kenton Koszdin on July 19, 2018 | In Disability Insurance
Once applicants receive notice from the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) that they are eligible to receive disability benefits, the next question posed is usually about the receipt of their first check. The SSA has a system based upon the birthdays of claimants that it utilizes to determine when benefits are paid each month to those eligible.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits are paid one month after they are due. For example, a claimant receives a check in August for benefits due in July. If a claimant receives benefits as:
- A retired or disabled worker, the payment day will be determined by the claimant’s birth date.
- A spouse, the payment day will be determined by the spouse’s birth date.
- A survivor, the payment day will be determined by the parent’s/spouse’s birth date.
- A retired or disabled worker and as a spouse, the payment day will be determined by the birth date of the beneficiary of the benefit first received.
- If the birthday falls on the 1st – 10th of the month then benefits are paid on the Second Wednesday of the month.
- If the birthday falls on the 11th – 20th of the month then benefits are paid on the Third Wednesday of the month.
- If the birthday falls on the 21st – 31st of the month then benefits are paid on the Fourth Wednesday of the month.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments are usually dated and delivered on the first day of the month for which they are due. However, if the first falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or federal holiday, they are dated and delivered on the first day preceding the first of the month which is not a Saturday, Sunday, or federal holiday.
If your lawyer doesn’t have a lot of experience with social security disability or workers’ compensation, he or she simply won’t be able to represent and guide you through the process as effectively as the Kenton Koszdin Law Office. My office treats all cases equally but also treats each as distinct and unique. My personal experience with disability and workers’ compensation cases has given me the precise knowledge and insight necessary to successfully obtain benefits for my clients. We even offer free in-home consultations! Call 800-438-7734 or visit us online. It will be a pleasure to hear from you. Se habla espańol!