Summertime Tips for Healthy LivingBy Kenton Koszdin Law Office on June 24, 2015 | In General
Remember when summer meant that school was out and your time was yours? You can still embrace that lifestyle by making this summer special. It is the perfect time of year to take a step back and assess your life and health. Some of the changes you make this summer can carry over into the rest of the year resulting in a healthier you.
Here are a few health tips to try out this summer:
- Relieve stress through physical activity. Starting an outdoor project is a great way to get exercise and improve your surroundings. Since we are in the middle of a drought here in Los Angeles, why not make your lawn more drought resistant? Digging up grass and putting in stones, sand, or wood chips can be a great way to improve your property and help the environment.
- Floss every single day. We’ve been told to floss daily since we were kids, but who really does it? If you floss every day, it will reduce your oral bacteria and improve your overall body health. If you make it a habit, you won’t even notice that you do it after a while.
- Eat more berries. Mixed berries go great with just about every summer meal. They are full with antioxidants that can help reduce the risks of age-related illnesses.
- Take up new outdoor activities. Put on some sun block and go outside. There are so many wonderful trails in Los Angeles that are calling your name. Make it a regular part of your week. Maybe you have a couple friends who can join you for a weekly hike.
- Take a vacation. Being on vacation is actually good for your health. You don’t have to buy expensive plane tickets to have a lovely vacation. Use your easy summer schedule to find new vacation spots that are only a few hours away from Los Angeles.
- Get more sleep. Instead of staying up late this summer, try keeping the same reasonable bedtime and wakeup schedule every day. Getting on a regular schedule will greatly improve your energy and health.
The experienced southern California SSDI attorneys at the Kenton Koszdin Law Office wish everyone a safe and happy summer season!