Tips for Disabilities DisputesBy Kenton Koszdin Law Office on August 12, 2015 | In Workers Compensation
It is unfortunate, but many Los Angeles workers’ compensation cases involving disabilities result in disputes between injured employees and their employers. The workers’ compensation claim process is often adversarial, and workers who do not receive legal guidance can find themselves without financial compensation as they heal. If you’ve been hurt, make sure you seek out legal support so that you are ready to handle any obstacles in your way. Contact the Kenton Koszdin Law Office today at (800) 438-7734 to discuss your situation.
Here are a few tips to help you settle your disability dispute:
- Understand your employer’s viewpoint. Employers pay premiums to provide benefits to workers and those premiums go up when workers are injured. You should enter into the claim process with an understanding that your injury will cost your employer money. Try to avoid early conflicts and arguments. Instead, stick to the facts.
- Learn why claims are denied. Before filing for workers’ compensation benefits, you should have an understanding of why others are denied support. Your claim will be denied if the insurer or your employer doesn’t believe you suffered a serious injury, your injury was not work-related, you didn’t require medical treatment or you didn’t need time off from work.
- Remember that you can appeal a denial. A significant number of disability claims are denied at first. You can work with a disability attorney to build your case and appeal the decision.
- Do not be afraid. Employers can’t retaliate against employees who seek workers’ compensation benefits.
- Seek the counsel of an experienced workers’ comp lawyer. It is especially important to seek out legal guidance if your injuries are severe enough to require surgery, your injuries are permanent, your medical benefits are denied, you do not believe you can go back to your previous job or your employer is not cooperating with the claim process.
No one should face the complicated workers’ compensation process without skilled legal guidance. If you have suffered an injury on the job and are worried about receiving the benefits you need, please contact an experienced lawyer who will fight to protect your best interests. The Kenton Koszdin Law Office can be there for you. Contact us at (800) 438-7734 for a consultation.