Let Our Firm Get to Work for You
Schedule Your Free Case Review and Get the Help You Need ...

    Visit “my Social Security” Online for Social Security Disability Transactions

    By Kenton Koszdin Law Office on July 31, 2019 | In Social Security Disability

    Visit “my Social Security” Online for Social Security Disability Transactions

    If you are receiving Social Security Disability (SSDI), do you know that you can transact some business online via the Social Security website?

    Those receiving SSDI can set up a “my Social Security” account and use the main Social Security website too. But if you are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you are limited to the main website.

    You may be surprised at just how much you can do with an online “my Social Security” account:

    • Request a replacement Social Security card if lost. You must be age 18 or over and have a valid driver’s license or state-issued ID.
    • Change your address or telephone number. It’s very important for those on Social Security Disability (SSDI) benefits to keep a current valid address record with Social Security. Make sure that you change anything as necessary, such as adding a cellphone number.
    • Request and print a verification letter. You may need verification of your SSDI income if you are applying for a mortgage or loan, or when applying for state or local benefits such as assisted housing. You can even customize your letter to include just the information that you need.
    • Applying for spousal benefits. Your spouse may be able to collect a spousal benefit based on your SSDI payments. He or she can apply over the phone, on Social Security’s primary website or by visiting your local Social Security office.
    • Begin direct deposit or make a change. Under the “My Profile” tab of “my Social Security,” you can change your direct deposit information any time.
    • Check application or appeal status. Use “my Social Security” to check the status of your application for benefits or, if your claim has been denied, the status of your appeal. For appeals, you can follow when your appeal was received, the date and time of your hearing and the appeal location.
    • Print your SSA-1099 form. Just go online and print your 1099 form for your tax filing or if you have misplaced it.
    • Apply for Medicare. Once you have been receiving SSDI benefits for 24 months, or if you have end-stage renal disease, you will be eligible for Medicare. You can apply online for a fast turnaround.
    • Get a replacement Medicare card. Have you lost your Medicare card? Just go to “my Social Security” in the “Replacement Documents” tab to have a new one mailed to you in about 30 days.

    Let Us Know If You Need Help with a Social Security Disability Claim Denial

    If you or a loved one has been denied Worker’s Compensation or Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, it’s important to get an attorney experienced in these types of cases involved immediately.  Call our Los Angeles County office at 800.438.7734 for your initial free consultation, either in our office or in the comfort of your own home.  The Kenton Koszdin Law Office, Social Security attorney in Van Nuys, can help you navigate the application process for the best possible outcome for you and your family.

    Simple Share Buttons