Social Security Attorney Fees & Qualifications
Our office handles Social Security Disability on a contingent fee basis. If we obtain benefits in your case, we are paid a fee out of your past due (retroactive benefits). Retroactive benefits are what you are owed from the date you were found to have been disabled until you are first paid. If no benefits are awarded, we receive no fee.
All future payments are yours. There is no attorney fee on future benefits.
A written copy of the fee agreement will be given to you. All fees or fee agreements must be approved by the Social Security Administration. We generally request a fee of 25% of the retroactive benefits, up to a maximum of $5,300. You do not pay both 25% of back due benefits and $5,300. You pay the lesser of the 25% or $5,300. For example, if you are owed $10,000 in past due benefits, the attorney fee is $2,500.
- Recognized as a rising star attorney by Los Angeles Super Lawyers Magazine for 2005 and 2006.
- Juris Doctor, University of San Francisco School of Law, 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Accounting), California State University, Northridge, 1989 (Graduated with Honors)
- California State Bar – Admitted 12/06/1996 (Passed in first sitting)
- Nevada State Bar – Admitted 10/07/1997 (Passed in first sitting)
- California Certified Public Accountant – 1989 (Passed all four parts of Uniform CPA exam in first sitting – an achievement accomplished by less than 10% of CPA’s)