Workers’ Compensation Mistakes That Hurt Your ClaimBy Kenton Koszdin on November 1, 2021 | In Blogs
Getting injured at your workplace that results in the inability to work is traumatic enough. A denied worker’s compensation claim can wreak additional havoc on your mental, physical and financial health!
There are common mistakes that individuals make while submitting their workers compensation benefits applications that result in the rejection of their rightful claims.
Here are a few points to remain mindful about, as you go through the worker’s compensation process:
- Omitting information or submitting an incomplete application: Make sure that your application contains all required information so that your claim will be processed smoothly. A worker’s compensation lawyer can help you complete the checklist.
- Exaggerating or providing misleading information: While the information you provide about your injury must be comprehensive, do not indulge in exaggerating your condition or reporting an inaccurate account. A doctor can examine and tell if your statement is true or not. Accordingly, the chances of your claim getting denied increase drastically.
- Failing to follow your doctor’s advice: If you do not follow the prescribed treatment, the insurers may classify you as “unwilling to heal and return to the workforce.” This will result in your claim getting rejected.
- Undermining your medical state: A true account of your injury and medical condition is crucial to claim your benefits. Understating or minimizing the effects of your injury can also harm your application process.
- Delayed applications: Most individuals suffer as they wait too long or delay the process of applying for benefits. Timing is critical in supporting your claim for workers’ compensation.
Hiring a worker’s compensation lawyer is the best thing you can do to help you in your trying times. They properly handle the details resulting in your benefits being processed as soon as possible. Seeking their help can save you from a lot of delays and stress,
At Kenton Koszdin Law Office in Van Nuys, we are on a mission to help those hurt on the job avoid becoming victims of companies and their insurance providers. Our expert attorneys will help your claim and navigate the application process for the best possible outcome for you and your family. Call 800.438.7734 for your initial free consultation.